This is Not a Drill.
We have our people and planet to save. It is high time for action, and to activate the Superpowers of Schools for learning to create a Good World for All.
“We’re really tired of hearing of recycling. That’s evident, and it’s not even truly being recycled!
We want to do real stuff that matters and makes a difference. All my peers feel the same!”
We bring the SDGs to life by combining each SDG with high impact initiatives led by amazing young changemakers and genius adult visionaries.
- Students study their stories, powerful videos, check on latest news, form focus groups on their favorite causes and take action in support of the initiative, or by implementing the solution locally! They have a wide range of activities to choose from, can bring in their creative spirit, use their media production skills, and their actions are published across platforms in YL media to be shared with the global tribe, and on local and news media, to activate the local citizenry, evolve partnerships and nurture a culture of youth leadership in your city and region.
- We meet-up *live* with hero*ines, for deep Q&A, coaching, to bring in ideas, plan projects and celebrate common achievements. Students can dream up own initiatives, and gain support from our global community. Together, we take their groundbreaking initiatives to inter/national scale, literally forming the future of entire regions. Isn’t this what the internet was invented for?
- Fired up students can unite in Changemaker Student Clubs across classes and grades as a formidable force, and spin off to after school clubs and self-organized crews in alliance with youth across town, in evenings and on week-ends, like for their favorite sports and hobbies!
The SDGs are the perfect call to action! Start living your good dreams for people and planet, since school days are way too long, and life too short to be boring. The solutions exist. All we need to do is learn them and take them to planetary scale. We are here to help! #MakeSchoolAwesome
Pick your favorite causes & bring about real changes!
1. LEVEL UP! Crash Course session
Inspire students with a 90 min introduction to youth leadership, using the stories, videos and music of amazing young changemakers leading high impact initiatives.
The entire class experiences positive worldview shift on youth and future, shared priority and passion for people and planet – with options for instant action + self-organize follow-up as Changemaker Club + advanced workshops.
Session #1 culminates in an instant action
A swift activity creates a first experience of living one’s values, walking the talk, of giving, impacting people’s lives. Most people are unaware of the power of charitable actions. Before changing lands, laws and industries, we begin with human lives. It teaches an important lesson: Successful changemakers act from the HEART, with unconditional LOVE.
A simple book drive
means an enormous lot to places with 30% teenage suicides, poverty, homes and schools with no books at all.
Our High Impact Starter Actions on popular causes understood by the citizenry enable a flying start, swift results, visible feedback on recipients’ social media streams. Emma and Julia raised 500,000. You are an entire school with many relations. How many can you contribute?
2. Form Focus Teams on SDGs
Each student joins a team. They can be on more than one team, and also join special teams (view below), so that each student finds something for their passion and talent, will taste new skills and generate relevant results.
3. Take Action!
using Hero*ines’ Action Guides with level 1-4 actions, from simple to advanced for greater impact.
Coaches, Speakers + Partners
SET UP AN SGD WALL DISPLAY
- to show SDG causes, pertaining changemakers, proposed actions
- form teams and track progress
- a student-powered LearnScape to serve the entire school community
- as HQ of the Changemaker Student Club, with exhibit, stands, materials, lifestyle challenges, a fav’ hangout!
- Tip : create Afternoon & Week-end HQs at public libraries, markets, …
USE UN THEME DAYS
for highlights, pinnacle events, group video meet-ups, and to connect with teachers, journalists, civil society, city, supporters, donors, to organize something in public space, celebrate impact, grow the movement, set new milestones
in positive change media style, using your emerging stories, photos, water fights, epic wins, fails, interviews, films … for YL, social, news media, your teams’ CVs, reaching 100,000s year-round, building community, support
“This is what school should always be like!”
We have all been to school, we are all “experts”. We all understand that this works.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE
“The most energized lesson ever. Even the most quiet students had something to say.”
“This is what school should always be like.”
“I had tried to instill a sense of action in my students for years, without catching on. Everything changed, when I showed them these videos.”
“The most inspirational I have ever seen. It makes me want to jump up and do something, too!”
“Everybody, students and teachers agree that the poster exhibit was the most exciting thing of the Project Day.”
“I wish I had had this when I was at school.”
“I knew that young people are doing stuff. But this is sensational. I am floored by the potentials.”
“I am humbled by these young people, and by how little my generation even ever dreamed to achieve.”
“I am in tears. This gives me so much hope.”
“I have been looking for such role models for all my life. I need this for all my classes.”
“I have no idea where you got all this from, but this is pure genius. I could not even have imagined that these people exist with me on the planet today. What you have put together eclipses anything I have ever seen about world change, empowerment, youth, or media. It makes me feel that everybody else have been failing their jobs, really. Power to you.”
“I am in positive shock. How is it possible that the world’s media and schools, even organizations have not earlier taken notice of these amazing young and adult changemakers with solutions for all our grand worries. Thank you for what you are doing for the kids and for all of us.”
“This should be at all schools.”
In shortest time, you have upgraded your school community’s view on youth leadership, youth power, changed lives, generated media presence, experienced agency and celebration!
This scores you the beginner's Budding Miracles status
- LEVEL UP! CrashCourse#1 in 10% of classes
- All 17 SDGs, 1+ mission/s accomplished
- By teams of at least 4 students each
- Changemaker Student Club
- Club does Crash Course Session #2
- Well visible public HQ + LearnScape
- $10,000 FUNdraiser/s milestone
- Philanthro-Party at school or town fest
- Activate Parents via flyers, newsletter
- Vivid documentation on social media
- Presence in regional newspaper, radio, tv
- Presence in biz + NGO newsletters
“That’s a lot,” you may say
Yes! You’re setting new standards, like champions, worthy of the challenges of the 21st Century of collapsing societies and ecosystems.
No! This is the bare minimum that responsible adults will do with kids. You have hardly started! There exist 4 higher ranks!
who do not comprehend the scale of emerging crisis, who are blinding you with sugarcoated speeches, who are lying, thereby leading your children into an incredibly painful future. We will never do that!
We help you make a rapid upgrade to a succeeding society.
A SINGLE TEACHER
wanting this for his/her students can do this.
You have set records and new standards for doing good, education, student clubs, youth reporting. Imagine what all of us can evoke together by doing this for an entire year, and every year, and at every school!
That is what we are up to - with you!
From this point, the Adventure truly begins!
Based on these first uplifting experiences, fired up students form a Changemaker Club, take on their favorite issues and activities, driven by their personal passion and determination to do good for people and planet, collaborate with teachers and mentor younger peers, form bonds with changemakers and aim for bolder goals and milestones.
View Bonus Teams & Bonus Activities
They lift your SCHOOL into the 21st Century and up the school ranking (view Badges & Benefits)
And Life at School gets exciting!
Do you like what you see?
You have found your mission.
Whatever you’re doing – get this started for a couple of weeks until student crews take over.