Here’s a dear dream come true!
The Red Brigade ADDs our Presentation Kit on YOUTH LEADERSHIP to their programs
- using our poster set, core videos and informing youth and teachers about the possibility to use them in their schools, communities and connect to our global community
- directly reaching 20,000 youth in 2015
- potentially indirectly 1 million through inspired participants using our media in their schools
- also amplifying the impact and reach of their own program(s)
The decision of using our media and offers for their workshops and audiences is
- an honor to us
- a fantastic win-win for our outreach
- adds a most powerful asset to their OWN priorities, work, vision and aims
- an example of win win benefit partnerships with youth- and people oriented organizations everywhere
Awakened workshop participants will be able to …
1. self-defend themselves in moments of crisis, but also
2. become active in creating the better world around them
… which The Red Brigade demonstrates, from joining and replicating The Red Brigade campaigns for girls and women’s rights, policy changes, access to education, safety etc
… and the countless initiatives pioneered by teenage youth leders, from habitat protection and food abundance to resource recycling and new learning culture
3. make changemaking omni-present at schools – for thousands of youth around them
… strengthening and amplifying all positive actions that they wish to see
… nurturing worldview, culture, behavior and skills of inhabitants of a peaceful, thriving, sustainable civilization
ABOUT THE RED BRIGADE
Usha Vishwakarma and The Red Brigade Lucknow, who started out as a self-defense against rape training group … and have grown to a multi-disciplinary girls, women’s children and human rights organization saving rape survivors, healing trauma (with amazing success rate far beyond conventional approaches), ending child labour, providing education for the poor, changing policies, holding criminals and murderers accountable, presenting at rich schools, making it into major tv programs and newspapers, with billions of media impressions all over the planet, training 20,000 girls in half a year in 4 hour workshops, empowering them to self-defend themselves against conventional attacks, … at ZERO COST.
How do you pull this off? On full power spirit and great, fierce love of our children, our women and ourselves!
We had our first wonderful day of cooperation at a workshop at prestigious Jesuit Loyola College, Chennai.
We had begun the day with presentations on youth leadership – that’s why our posters are all over the place!
… and when students felt like turning inspiration into action, Usha started getting people involved – with all the shoving, screaming, bashing, kicking and gouging eyes … that tiger ladies do when attacked by stinking mobs of orks.
Usha enjoys getting Eric on stage as attacker, to show how you can easily fend off guys, no matter how tall they are or how many tags of respect and fame they carry. Bash them!
Here are a few (rather tame) impressions of Red Brigade workshop presentations. We’ll post wilder stuff later.
One of the lessons of THE RED BRIGADE : Unleash your BEAUTIFUL AND SAVAGE POWER !
YOU ARE STILL A GOOD PERSON – :::
… and MAYBE even MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN WHEN YOU HIDE YOUR FEROCIOUS LIFE POWER. BE THAT WARRIOR!
By the end of the day, 15 students stood up for their favorite causes and declared taking year-round action on issues like waste management, recycling, student training, peacemaking and more, in collaboration with professors developing a Healing Earth curriculum.
The first hands experience of our videos and their impact on students fueled Usha, Ajay and team’s decision to make our media and integral part of their workshops and services to the young generation and young women throughout India.